Section 16 of South Bend Township, about 5 miles west of Mankato and directly north of Minneopa State Park.
Section 16, Township 108 North, Range 27 West, Fifth Meridian (S16 T108N R27W Fifth)
It was started about 1871 by the town board of South Bend Township and was operated by them until March 6, 1917, when the Minneopa Cemetery Association was formed.
The first burials took place about 1867, before the cemetery was started. It was dedicated in 1904.