population 92, on N bank of Kuskokwim River, E of junction of Creeked Creek, 33 mi. NW of Sleetmute and 50 mi. NE of Aniak, Kilbuck-Kuskokwim Mts.
Village established about 1909 near or at a small Indian village. G. C. Anderson, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), in 1910 reported it as "Portage Village" because it was at the south end of a portage route up Crooked Creek to the Iditarod placers. The Parent Trading Post was established here about 1918, and the locality took that name. A post office called "Crooked Creek" was established here in 1927 (Ricks, 1965, p. 15). Its population was 48 in 1939 and 43 in 1950. It is now primarily an Indian village.