population 20, 1 mi. N of Chagvan Bay at junction of Kinegnak River and Kookukluk Creek and 28 mi. NE of Cape Newenham; Kilbuck-Kuskokwim Mts.
this village may have been established by Eskimos from the old village called "Kinegnak" near Cape Newenham. in 1938 by Gerald FitzGerald, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS); the name was published by Mertie (1940, pl. 1), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).