on NW coast of Nelson Island, 27 mi. NE of Cape Vancouver, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
Former Eskimo village, abandoned before 1945, now used as a summer camp; reported as "Ookagamiut," by E. W. Nelson, U.S. Signal Service, who visited the village in December 1878. Ivan Petroff, in the 1880 Census, recorded "Ookagamute," population 25; 15 in 1939. Some maps have erroneously located this village on the Ningaluk River. See Unakak.