On the Nenana River, NW of the mouth of Healy Creek and 78 mi SSW of Fairbanks.
Village established as a mining camp about 1905; named after the Healy Creek. Because of its nearness to the Alaska RR. right-of-way, it became a RR. station and supply point. The "Healy Fork" post office was established in 1921 (Ricks, 1965, p. 25). Its population was 36 in 1930. It is a major coal mining supply center.