in Kantishna Hills, at junction of Eureka and Moose Creeks, 3 mi. NW of Wonder Lake, Alaska Range
This mining camp was established in 1905, one of several such camps that appeared suddenly when gold was discovered in the Kantishna Hills. Most of the camps were abandoned a short time later, but this one was nearest the producing creeks. It was also referred to in the early days as "Eureka," named for the stream. A post office named "Kantishna" was established in 1905 near the mouth of the Kantishna River.