population 138, at Clarks Point on E shore of Nushagak Bay, 14 mi. S of Dillingham, Bristol Bay Low.
The community was established in the 1920s as a cannery. The population was 25 in 1930; 22 in 1939; and 128 in 1950. The community was named for John Clark, who was the manager of the Alaska Commercial Company store at Nushagak Bay (Alaska Division of Community & Regional Affairs, Community Database, 2009). The Clarks Point post office was established in 1935. This is the site of the former Eskimo village or camp of "Sturarok," population 7, recorded in the 1890 Census (1893, p. 95).