population 30, 2 mi. E of junction of Cleary Creek and Chatanika River, 20 mi. NE of Fairbanks, Yukon-Tanana High.
Mining settlement established about 1904, and railroad station when the Tanana Valley Railroad was completed in 1907. The Chatanika post office was established in 1908. Its population was 63 in 1930 and 106 in 1940. It was named after the stream.