on N bank of Tanana River, 1 mi. W of mouth of Chena River and 7 mi. SW of Fairbanks, Tanana Low.
Name derived from the Chena River and reported in 1903 by T. G. Gerdine and R. B. Olive (in Prindle, 1905, pl. 16). The village was called "Chena Junction" because it was the south terminus of the Tanana Valley Railroad; however, it was incorporated as "Chena" in 1903. A post office was established in 1903 and discontinued in 1918 (Ricks, 1965, p. 10). With the growth of Fairbanks, Chena disappeared and had only 18 persons in 1920.