just E of Point Louisa adjacent to Glacier Bay Highway and 13 mi. NW of Juneau, Coast Mts.
Former Tlingit Indian village of the Auk tribe. The name "Ak an" means "lake town" according to J. R. Swanton in 1904. The name "Anchguhlsu (or Antcgaltsu)" is reported by Swanton to mean "town they abandoned," a name obviously applied after abandonment about 1902.