population 136, mile 29.3 on The Alaska RR. on Seward Highway, on SW shore of Upper Trail Lake, 26 mi. N of Seward, Chugach Mts.
Name of a station on The Alaska RR. reported in 1912 by A. H. Brooks, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). It is reported that the village originally got the name Moose Pass because "in 1903, a mail carrier driving a team of dogs had considerable trouble gaining the right-of-way from a giant moose * * *." A post office was established here in 1928 (Ricks, 1965, p. 43).