On the N shore of Ward Cove, at the SW end of Revillagigedo Island, 4.5 mi NW of Ketchikan, Alex. Arch.
This village is an extension of the settlement area of Ketchikan northwest along the highway. A saltery was established here in 1883-84 by W. W. Waud. See Ward Cove. Eugene Wacker was first postmaster of the Wacker post office established 1920. The post office name was changed to Wards Cove in 1951 and then to Ward Cove in 1954 (Ricks, 1965, p. 69-70). The village population was 57 in 1930.