on S shore of Kukak Bay, on S coast of Alaska Peninsula, in Katmai National Monument, 29 mi. NE of Mount Katmai, Aleutian Range
Eskimo village called "Toujajak Village" by von Langsdorf (1814, v. 2, p. 235), and "Kukak," by Ivan Petroff in the 1880 U.S. census. Its population in 1880 was 37. There is a historical locality of the same name four miles to the NE.