on right bank of Kvichak River, 85 mi. NE of Dillingham, Bristol Bay Low.
This Eskimo village was first mentioned by Ivan Petroff in the 10th Census of 1880 as "Kaskinakh village." It was called "Kaskanakh village" in the 1890 Census. The name was spelled "Kaskanak" in 1890 by A. B. Schanz in Frank Leslie's Newspaper. The population in 1880 was 119; in 1890, 66; it is no longer permanently occupied.