On the E shore of Ugashik Bay, on the N coast of Alaska Peninsula, 7 mi NW of Ugashik Bay, Bristol Bay Low.
Aleut and Eskimo village with a cannery and post office that was maintained at intervals from 1933 to 1951. The name was reported in 1900 by Lieutenant Commander J. F. Moser, U.S. Navy (USN), commander of the U.S. Bureau of Fisheries (USBF) steamer Albatross, as "Pilot Station," named for the Ugashik River pilots stationed there. The name was changed in 1933 when the Pilot Point Post Office was established. Of 120 Aleuts, one family survived the flu epidemic of 1918; the village was populated by Eskimo in 1923. The population was 114 in 1939; 76 in 1963.