population mile 3, 248.5 on The Alaska RR., on E bank of Susitna River, 20 mi. NE of Talkeetna, Talkeetna Mts.
The Alaskan Engineering Commission Annual Report for 1916 lists the name Dead Horse for this camp along the Alaska RR. route. As a RR. station the name was changed in 1922 to Curry. It was named for Charles Forrest Curry, 1858-1935, of sacramento, calif. a member of Congress. It had a population of 44 in 1958, but this decreased rapidly after the closing of the railroad agency a year later.