population 10 (1940), at junction of Grubstake and Willow Creeks, 15 mi. NW of Palmer, Talkeetna Mts.
Name of a mining camp reported in 1942 by Army Map Service (AMS). A post office was established here in 1933, using just the name Lucky Shot, but was discontinued in 1942 (Ricks, 1965, p. 40). Recent U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) maps indicate an airfield and five or six buildings at this site. The name is derived from the nearby Lucky Shot mine.