on left bank of Nonvalnuk River, 11 mi. SW of St. Michael, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
Eskimo village, now abandoned, mentioned in 1902 by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). It may be an altered form of "barrabara," meaning "house." A 1950 U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) field report stated that the place is a landmark in the flat country and consists of several hulks of abandoned riverboat ruins."