on left bank of Kaviruk River, 1.5 mi. N of Marys Lake and 32 mi. E of Teller, Seward Peninsula High.
A. h. Brooks (in Collier and others, 1908, p. 308), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), noted that up to 1906 the Kougarok gold mining district could only be reached by two long or circuitous routes. Brooks added: J. M. Davidson and Andrew J. Stone, who are among the largest operators in the district, have established a transshipping point on Kaviruk (Marys) River called Davidson Landing and have built a road from that point to the upper Kougarok region, a distance of 40 miles. Small lighters can be towed directly from the ships side at Port Clarence to Davidson Landing, so that at least one handling of freight is avoided. A post office of Davidson was established in 1906 and was discontinued the following year (Ricks, 1965, p. 16); probably at this site.