on W shore of Golovnin Bay, 6 mi. S of Golovin and 40 mi. ESE of Solomon, Seward Peninsula High.
Site of an Eskimo village; reported in 1842-44 as "Knykhtakg-myut" by Lieutenant L. A. Zagoskin, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN). Ivan Petroffin the in 1880 10th Census recorded "Ignituk" with a population of 100. Baker (1906, p. 321), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), wrote "Iknetuk."