on Left bank of Pilgrim River, 13 mi. NE of Salmon Lake and 25 mi. SW of Mount Bendeleben; Seward Peninsula High.
Mineral springs and site of a resort. gold mining on Seward Peninsula, about 1900, the property was known as "Kruzgamepa Hot Springs" and "was kept up as a resort, and was often visited by parties from Nome and other mining centers of the region; but the roadhouse and saloon building was burned in 1908 * * *" (Waring, 1917, p. 72). town called "Pilgrim Springs" grew up here and "was active from 1923 to 1941. since moved to the Nome vicinity to work on defense projects and mining operations" (Balcom, 1965, p. 27). Springs Post Office was established in 1924 and discontinued in 1941 (Ricks, 1965, p. 51).