on Buckland River, 54 mi. N of Haycock, Seward Peninsula High.
Eskimo village and trading post reported by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) in 1914. Its population was 52 in 1920; 104 in 1930; and 115 in 1940. The Buckland post office was established here in 1935 and discontinued about 1941. The present Buckland post office is located at Elephant Point.