population 10, on NE coast of Seward Peninsula, between Spafarief Bay and Kiwalik Lagoon; Kotzebue-Kobuk Low.
Eskimo village named for the Kiwalik River, reported in 1850 as "Kualiug-miut" by Lieutenant L. A. Zagoskin, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), and published in 1852 on Russian Hydrographic Dept. Chart 1455. Census as "Kugalukmute," population 12. became a supply point for mining activities in the Candle area. The Keewalik post office was established in 1902 and operated intermittently until 1907. increased to 24 in 1940.