at mouth of Kashunuk River, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
Abandoned Eskimo village first reported by E. W. Nelson, U. S. Signal Service, who visited there in December 1878. He reported 20 houses and a population of 100-200. In the 1880 Census, Petroff wrote "Kashunok" and reported a population of 125. The 1890 Census called it "Kashunahmiut" and gave a population of 232. In 1951 a U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) field report noted this place was completely abandoned but several sod huts and the ruins of a frame church still remain on a low mound just east of the village. The triangulation station Kashu, 1951 is located in the village. The adjective "Old" is now generally used locally as part of the name.