population 14 (1940), on S bank of Pikmiktalik River, 8 mi. E of Point Romanof and 23 mi. SW of St. Michael, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta
Small Eskimo village mentioned in 1842-44 by Lieutenant L. A. Zagoskin, IRN, who spelled the name "Pikhmikhtalik." The Russian Hydrographic Dept. spelled it "Piemiektaligmiut" in 1852 on Chart 1455. Lieutenant Zagoskin recorded a population here of 45 Eskimos in 4 houses. The 1880 Census listed a population of 10.