population 77, on S bank of Koyukuk River, 5 mi. E of Bettles.
This Indian village developed in 1945 when Bettles Field was built as an attendant facility for exploration of Naval Petroleum Reserve No. 4. Work at the airfield, located about five miles upstream from Bettles, attracted the natives and settlement began near the north end of the landing strip. A post office was established at Bettles Field in 1950 (Ricks, 1965, p. 7).