population 72, on Hot Springs Slough, 54 mi. NE of the Bitzshtini Mts., Yukon-Tanana High.
J. F. Karshner located a homestead here in 1902, about the same time the U.S. Army Signal Corps established a telegraph station nearby; the place soon became known as Baker Hot Springs after Baker Creek. In 1907 Frank Manley (Hilliard B. Knowles) built a four-story Hot Springs Resort Hotel (Sims, 1965, p. 14). The village population became 101 in 1910; 29 in 1920; 45 in 1930; 39 in 1939; and 29 in 1950. The Hot Springs post office was established in 1907; name changed to Manley Hot Springs in 1957 (Ricks, 1965, p. 27, 41).