One of two cemeteries of the same name located across US Route 231 from each other. This cemetery is located next to Sears Chapel. It ran out of cemetery plot room and, at a later date, a parcel was purchased across US Route 231 to continue McEwen Cemetery. The cemetery and church are located 3.7 km (2.3 mi) N of Rockford.
The Sears and McEwen families founded Sears Chapel in 1859. The original cemetery, next to Sears Chapel, has always been known as McEwen Cemetery.