7.2 km (4.5 mi) SE of Hotevilla; 1915 decision revised.
At one time it was the largest of the group of Hopi pueblos antedating the Spanish conquest. The village became the site of a post office spelled 'Oraiba' in 1900. The spelling was changed by the Board on Geographic Names in 1915. The Hopi name is reported to mean 'eagle traps' or 'place of the rock' (US-T121).