Elk Springs is located a few miles West of Pineville and just across the Elk River from Ginger Blue.
Rutledge has a Post Office from September 18, 1849 until 1867. Rutledge
and what was later known as Pineville competed for the county seat of
McDonald County. Each town had a court house and a set of officials. The issue had to be settled by the state.
Known as Rutledge until 1891
From 1891 to 1903 known as Madge
From 1903 until today known as Elk Springs