Richmond County, North Carolina, United States
Tip: To see additional information about Richmond County, click on the "tabs" directly above.
- Richmond County
- Located in south central North Carolina along the boundary with South Carolina, 98 km (61 mi) west of Fayetteville; County Seat: Rockingham.
- Formed in 1779 from Anson County; named for Charles Lennox (1735-1806), third Duke of Richmond who served in teh military, as ambassador and Secretary of State. He supported independence for the American Colonies. (NC-T11/p413)
- 35.002930035° 00' 10.5"N-79.752554379° 45' 09.2"W
- 106 m
- Moore NE
- Hoke E
- Scotland SE
- Marlboro (South Carolina) S
- Chesterfield (South Carolina) SW
- Anson W
- Stanly NW
- Montgomery N
- Updated May 6, 2020