Located in eastern Nebraska, 58 km (36 mi) northwest of Omaha; County Seat: Fremont.
Named for United States Senator Augustus Ceasar Dodge, representing iowa. He was a sponsor of the Kansas-Nebraska Act establishing those territories. Approved by the Territorial Legislature on 6 March 1855; redefined on 2 November 1858 and 22 December 1859 and reorganized on 13 January 1860. (NE-T18/p54)