Located in northeastern Nebraska along the Missouri River and the boundary with South Dakota; County Seat: Center.
Originally named L'Eau Qui Court County, the County was renamed Knox County by the Legislature at the request of Representative David Quimby on 21 February 1873. Named for Major General Henry Knox (1750-1806). Knox County was formally established and boundaries defined on 10 February 1857 and reestablished on 13 January 1860. (NE-T18/p88)