Seward County, Nebraska, United States
Tip: To see additional information about Seward County, click on the "tabs" directly above.
- Seward County
- Seward County is located 55 km (34 mi) WNW of Lincoln; County Seat: Milford.
- This county was originally named for General Greene of Missouri. The name was changed to Seward County by an act of the State legislature on 3 January 1862 after General Greene joined the Confederacy during the Civil War. Seward County is named in honor of William H. Seward (1801-1872), Secretary of State during Abraham Lincoln's Presidency (1861-1865). The county boundaries were defined on 6 March 1855 and the county was formally established by an act of the legislature on 26 January 1856. (US-T131/1960/NE Place-Names/JT Link,p131)
- 40.866675240° 52' 00.0"N-97.150315897° 09' 01.1"W
- 461 m
- Updated Apr 21, 2020