On Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory campus of 6,800 acres on south side Batavia Road.
An historic cemetery closed to burials, except for April 2002 of Dr. Robert Wilson, founder and director of Fermilab and in February 2006, Jane Wilson, his wife.
Well kept by Fermilab.
When Barrington historian Arnett C. Lines, transcribed this DuPage County cemetery in June 1963, it was not surrounded by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory. The cemetery is an early settler’s burial ground, with the first
burial noted in 1839, probably established before this date. An 1874 Winfield Township plat map verifies local farm owners have ancestors interred here, but surprisingly the cemetery was not depicted.