St. Patrick's Cemetery was established in 1861 as part of St. Patrick's Catholic Church. Michael and Ann Brady donated the south east corner of theirsection of land which was homesteaded in 1857. In 1870 a wood frame church was built to replace the original log cabin structure. In 1898 the church burned to the ground. St. Patrick's Catholic Church was then reconstructed of brick and built in Palms, the location of the train depot. The new churches location was about 1 mile south of the original church built atop the Brady land. St. Patrick's Cemetery continued to be used by the Parish. Many of the original Irish settlers and parish members were buried in the St. Patrick Cemetery to include Michael and Ann Brady and their descendants.