Travel south, off Miller Road, on Durand Road 3 miles, through the village of Durand, to Prior Road. Turn right; the cemetery is located on the south side of the road, about .2 mile west of Durand Road.
Section 33, Vernon Township (S33 Michigan)
Very well-maintained by the Vernon Township board
The land was originally deeded as a cemetery in 1856. A cemetery sign states: “Donated by the Hegedus Family - June, 1989”.
This is a very well-maintained cemetery, and is under the management of the Vernon Township board.
On the west front side of the cemetery, there is a large monument which reads: “In memory of the unknown dead who lost their lives in the railroad wreck of the great Wallace Shows - August 6, 1903.” Small markers surround the monument with names of E. J., Joe, George, John, Allen, and Thomas; unclaimed bodies from the wreck buried here.