Calvary Cemetery was deeded to Bishop Thomas L. Grace, Bishop of St. Paul in 1868 during the pastorate of Fr. John Zuzek. Paul J. McDermott was the first parishioner to be interred in the new cemetery. Prior to 1868 the Catholics of St. Peter buried their dead in a cemetery in Lake Prairie Township, most of the bodies were transferred to Calvary. From 1888 to 1991 there were two Catholic parishes in St. Peter, each shared Calvary Cemetery. Additional acreage was added in 1930. In 1958 the deed to the cemetery was transferred to the newly established Diocese of New Ulm, the Cemetery is maintained by the Church of St. Peter's Calvary Cemetery Committee.