on NW shore of Knik Arm, 13 mi. N of Anchorage, Cook Inlet Low.
Named on December 29, 1963 by members of the Bay City council for John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1917-1963, 35th President of the United States. Mr. Byron Mallott, State Commissioner of Community and Regional Affairs reported in 1973 that there were no residents in the area to verify the existence of the City. Bay City was dissolved officialy by the Alaska State Legislature in March, 1974 (Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, 4/24/73, p. 2) (Board on Geographic Names (BGN) files).